"The County will reimburse [county-paid] residents, not to exceed $25.00 per day, for resident physicians on rotations outside of Los Angeles County facilities if meals are not
provided by the host hospital." --Excerpt from the current CIR MOU
Instructions for Reimbursement:
- Download and complete the Meal Reimbursement Claim form: Excel or PDF
- Attach original receipts to claim form
- Submit all claim forms to the designated person within your department/division; ultimately the form requires signature and verification by your Program Director or Department Chair
- The Trainee's department must submit the original claim form with attached original receipts and signatures to the Payroll Division (submit with timecards) not later than 30 days from the last day of the assigned rotation
- Claim form(s) must be submitted at the end of each month for reimbursement on the 15th of the following month
Note: These reimbursements are taxable and retroactive to October 1, 2006.
Click here to view the Reimbursement of Meals For Interns & Residents Policy.