Patient rights and responsibilities are posted in every clinic. For a written copy, contact the Patient Advocate at 310.222.2151 (Room 8E5).
Entering the Harbor-UCLA Clinic System
Patients are seen in our clinics by appointment only and as a result of referrals from:
- Emergency Room
- Hospital Discharges
- Public Private Partners (PPPs)& other County Clinics
- Other Harbor-UCLA Clinics
- Community Clinics/Doctors
If you are more than 30 minutes late, your appointment may be rescheduled.
If you cannot keep your appointment, call the clinic during regular business hours.
Learn about our clinic system in 3 STEPS.
Beginning Your Clinic Visit
PATIENT REGISTRATION (Patient Registration or Clinic Check-In)
A: Patient Registration/Financial Screening
- You may be financially screened on the first visit of each month or as instructed. Check your appointment letter for details.
- Follow instructions on your appointment letter regarding financial screening.
- If necessary, go to the appropriate Patient Registration area where your clinic is held:
*PCDC Room #108: PCDC Clinics
*Main Hospital Room #1-B-1: Main Hospital 2nd floor Clinics
*Main Hospital Room #1-F: Pediatric Clinics
*Main Hospital 1st floor: OB/GYN Clinic
*Building N-24: on site
*Family Health Center: on site
After you have been financially screened, go to the appropriate clinic to check-in.
B: Clinic Check-In
- Go directly to your clinic, if Patient Registration/Financial screening is not necessary.
- Show your Harbor-UCLA plastic identification card with a financial sticker for the current month.
- If you arrive early, you will be asked to wait until your scheduled appointment time.
SEEING YOUR DOCTOR/PROVIDER
- Your blood pressure, pulse, temperature and a brief history may be taken by a nurse before you see the doctor.
- Your doctor will examine you and provide an assessment of your medical condition.
- Your doctor may recommend a course of treatment.
- If you do not understand your diagnosis, treatment, medications, or tests ordered, ask your nurse or doctor to explain.
CHECK OUT AT CLINIC RECEPTION
- Stop at the Clinic Reception desk to schedule follow-up visits with your doctor and to arrange for any laboratory, x-rays, or other tests ordered for you.
- Be sure to take your appointment notice with the time and date of your next appointment before you leave the clinic.
This ends your Clinic visit.