Anesthesiology Residency Program Leadership
Offices Hours & Location
1000 West Carson Street
Hospital Bldg: 1 East | Box 10
Torrance, CA 90509
- General Contact
Phone: (310) 222-5067 | Fax: 310-782-1467
- General Visiting Hours
8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Anesthesiology Residency Application Requirements
All selections for first-year resident positions are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). We only accept applications made through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For the June 2017 start date, applications will be accepted from September 2016 through December 2016 only. However, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be granted by invitation only.
Requirements for ERAS Application:
- Minimum of 3 letter of recommendations
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Transcript
- All requirements listed above
- Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) from the Medical Board of California (This must be submitted with the application in order for the applicant to be reviewed)
- We do not sponsor IMG’s, no exceptions.
- We only accept J-1 Visas sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates-Exchange Sponsorship Program (ECFMG).
- Interviews are typically held on Wednesdays
- You will be expected to arrive no later than 8:30AM on the day of your interview
- Location of the interviews will be in Building 1East (On campus next to the main hospital)
- Expect a planned stay from Tuesday evening (4:00PM) through Wednesday afternoon (2:00PM)
USEFUL TIP: Your flight should be scheduled to arrive at LAX between approximately 3:00PM-4:00PM to allow for adequate travel time to the Harbor-UCLA campus. Your departure time from LAX should be scheduled NO EARLIER than 5:00PM to allow for adequate travel time to the LAX airport as traffic can be congested during this hour.
If these times conflict with your schedule, please contact our Program Coordinator (Emily Uy, firstname.lastname@example.org) for any further questions.
Parking: You may park in Lots A & B (Both accessible on Carson Street), or C (Accessible on Vermont Avenue). You may also park in the LA BioMed parking lot (Accessible on 220th Street).