1124 W. Carson St.
Torrance, CA 90502
Phone: (310) 222-8175
Fax: (310) 222-3887
- MS in Clinical Research; University of Minnesota 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Endocrinology; University of Minnesota, Amplatz Children’s Hospital, 2008
- Pediatric Residency; University of Minnesota 2005
- Pediatric Internship; University of Minnesota 2003
- M.D.; Mount Sinai School of Medicine 2002
- B.S. in Biology (summa cum laude); University of Minnesota 1996
Diplomat, American Board of Pediatric Endocrinology, 2009-present
Diplomat, American Board of Pediatrics, 2005- 2016
Recent and/or Significant Publications
- Polgreen LE, Kunin-Batson A, Rudser K, Vehe RK, Utz JJ, Whitley CB, Dickson P. Pilot study of the safety and effect of adalimumab on pain, physical function, and musculoskeletal disease in mucopolysaccharidosis types I and II. Mol Genet Metab Rep. 2017 Jan 15;10:75-80 (PMCID: 5238608).
- Wu C, Econs MJ, DiMeglio LA, Insogna KL, Levine MA, Orchard PJ, Miller WP, Petryk A, Rush ET, Shoback DM, Ward LM, Polgreen LE. Diagnosis and Management of Osteopetrosis: Consensus Guidelines from the Osteopetrosis Working Group. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Sep 1;102(9):3111-3123.
- Polgreen LE, Vehe RK, Rudser K, Kunin-Batson A, Utz JJ, Dickson P, Shapiro E, Whitley CB. Elevated TNF-α is associated with pain and physical disability in mucopolysaccharidosis types I, II, and VI. Mol Genet Metab. 2016 Apr;117(4):427-30 (PMCID: PMC4851859).
- D.A. Stevenson, K. Rudser, A. Kunin-Batson, E.B. Fung, D. Viskochil, E. Shapiro, P.J. Orchard, C.B. Whitley, L.E. Polgreen. Biomarkers of Bone Remodeling in Children with Mucopolysaccharidosis Types I, II, and VI. J Pediatr Rehabil Med. 2014;7(2):159-65 (PMCID: 4420175).
- Raymond GV, Pasquali M, Polgreen LE, Dickson PI, Miller WP, Orchard PJ, Lund TC. Elevated cerebral spinal fluid biomarkers in children with mucopolysaccharidosis I-H. Sci Rep. 2016 Dec 2;6:38305 (PMCID: 5133554).
r. Polgreen’s research focuses on ways to improve the treatment and understanding of rare pediatric bone diseases. She performs clinical and translational research investigating the skeletal pathology and bone metabolism in the Mucopolysaccharidoses (MPS), a class of lysosomal storage diseases, along with a sclerotic bone disease called osteopetrosis. Active projects include identification of biomarkers that predict disease severity and progression in MPS through a 10-year observational study, a clinical trial of anti-inflammatory therapy in MPS, and a clinical trial of interferon gamma in osteopetrosis.