Radiology Residency Training Program
There are 24 diagnostic radiology residents. All residents are designated as post-graduate students of the University of California. The four-year, fully-accredited residency program is designed to meet all the requirements for board eligibility in diagnostic radiology.
All faculty members provide sub-specialty level instruction at the workstation and through formal conferences. Comprehensive didactic and case-based conferences are provided once or twice daily with an emphasis on clinical proficiency and preparation for the ABR Core Exam.
Residents are required to undertake an academic project resulting in publication or presentation at a regional or national meeting. Residents are encouraged to initiate projects, collaborate with colleagues in other departments, and participate in faculty directed research. Additionally, residents have access to the LA BioMed, which is a non-profit scientific research organization located on the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Campus and affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
There are 13 four-week rotations each year which allow residents to rotate through all major disciplines of diagnostic and interventional radiology.
Call is an integral part of resident education in preparation for independent practice. The call is a combination of night float and evening “swing” shifts during the R2-R4 years. First year residents do not take diagnostic call, but they are part of the interventional radiology team for emergent after-hours cases.
- Link to Salary and Benefits
- StatDx and RadPrimer access
- Health Insurance for self and dependents
- 4 Weeks of Vacation + additional time for conference/ research
- Scrubs and White Coat with laundering
- Travel and expenses to AIRP and an annual professional conference
- Private Doctor’s Cafeteria open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with free dining for residents
- Access to institutional and electronic library materials
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Department of Radiology
1000 W Carson St., Box 23
Torrance, CA 90509