Welcome to the Department of Emergency Medicine
About Our Department
- A high-volume, high-acuity ED that is the only Level 1 Trauma Center, Pediatric Trauma Center, Pediatric Critical Care Center, Disaster Resource Center, Nursing and Paramedic Training Center and Academic STEMI Receiving Center in the South Bay area of Los Angeles.
- Education through service of a highly appreciative underserved patient population with a tremendous spectrum, and often high acuity, of disease.
- Exceptional faculty and mentors with national reputations for excellence in education, research and leadership in emergency medicine and its subspecialties.
- Ample opportunity to participate in teaching, research, EMS and administrative activities through faculty mentorship and potential fellowships.
- An outstanding collegial and supportive environment with peers from all walks of life.
The Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center was established in 1978 as one of the first emergency medicine training programs in the country. For nearly forty years the residents of the Harbor-UCLA Emergency Medicine Residency Program have played an integral role in delivering care to the largely underserved communities of south Los Angeles County.
Department of Emergency Medicine Faculty
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is pleased to be able to offer advanced training in specialized fields in Emergency Medicine. We are lucky to have national leaders in Emergency Medicine lead our fellowships which seek to provide the highest-quality clinical and scholarly training.
This Emergency Medicine elective is designed to introduce senior medical students to the specialty of Emergency Medicine and to provide students with the opportunity to assume primary responsibility for the diagnosis and management of acutely ill patients. These goals are accomplished through daily rounds, informal and formal conferences and direct patient care in the adult and pediatric areas of the Emergency Department.
Offices Hours & Location
- 1000 West Carson Street
Hospital Bldg: D9 | Box 21
Torrance, CA 90509
- General Contact
Phone: (310) 222-3501 | Fax: 310-533-1841
Chief Residents: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Coordinator: email@example.com